Code of Ethics of IFD
presented by Camille Bourbonnais, Chief Executive
The object of the IFD as laid down is to raise the standards of management to the highest possible level for Denturists worldwide. As members of this profession, it is incumbent to be knowledgeable in the applicatioon of sound principles in the management of the board, and to keep abreast of current practices and procedures.
IFD shall maintain the highest standard of conduct, act with fairness, integrity and dignity and in a manner not detrimental to the interest of the members, their association or the Society.
As members of the IFD, we agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics.
Members of the IFD shall:
- Be truthful, honorable and respectful in their dealings with their IFD Board, their Association and with the public, recognizing that the manner in which they conduct themselves reflects on their IFD Board and the profession of Denturist.
- Strive to advance their knowledge and abilities as denturists and maintain thgeir competence through continuing professional development.
- Support IFD to advance the profession of Denturist, conducting their personal and business affairs in a manner to reflect capability and integrity.
- Support other members of the IFD in the pursuit of their professional goals and willingly share the lessons of experience and knowledge gained by supporting and participating in Symposium worldwide and their national education events.
- Serve their Association faithfully, respecting confidentiality, and avoiding conflicts of interest and activities for personal gain at the expense of other.
- Advise the IFD of any violations of this Code of Ethics through the IFD Chief Executive in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Adherence to this code of Ethics is required for membership in IFD. Any infringement could result in the suspension or explusion of the member in accordance with the respect of the By-Laws Article IX, limitation of liability. The IFD reserves the right to notify members of the fact that an individual has been suspended or expelled.
Approved by the board members present on August 20th, 2019, during our Annual General Meeting.